Sunday, September 26, 2010

Roots Part six

Laurisa Laurel Maxeen glided her way out onto the dance floor. The few men she gently pushed aside gaped over their shoulders. At 20 years she was at the top of her game and never looked back. Her past was dead, long live the queen!

Or so she thought.

His little brother came through the crowd. She was unaware of him at first as he seemed to be just another guy in the crowd. Slowly he made his way over to her. She used her usual ploy.

"Yes?" She said.

"You don't remember me do you?"

She shook her head. He offered his hand. "Jared. Jared Jackson."

Her face went from one of peculiarity to downcast. Her eyes turned from him and once again she was 16 years old.

"I found this. Apparently he had it addressed to you." He offered a note.

Laurisa took it and read to herself. Her regret turning in her direly as she began to cry.

Laurisa, I know I wasn't what you wanted, but you always meant the most to me. I remember how we used to take long walks together, stay out late behind your parents back and how you squeeled on the back of my moped. When I offered you my own home made ice cream you squeaked as it chilled your tongue. When we went swimming and I lost my bathing suit you respectfully looked away as I retrieved it. But most of all I remember those kisses you always liked to give me, those butterfly kisses.

I love you Laurisa. And if I'm not the one you want, so be it. But I hope you find someone who loves you as much as you love them. With love Laurisa,

Randal

No comments: