Monday, March 3, 2014

Reboot; Vince Vaan part 13

Vince woke with a start. He was a day out from Terra Maw and already someone - or something - found him.

He didn't dare move. From his hiding place he looked to see just how many there were. To his astonished surprise there appeared to be only one. He was small and looked to be helpless. He lavishly went to work on Vince's food supply. Vince waited a moment to see if more were coming. When none did he made his move.

"AAAAHH-"

"Shut your mouth!" Vince whispered. Vince clasped his hand over the would-be food thief's mouth. In vain the little man talked non-stop through the hand though nothing intelligible came through.

"What?" Vince said, removing his hand.

"What I said was I didn't mean no harm! Honest! I was hungry! I haven't eaten for days! Well, at least it doesn't feel like I've eaten for days. Now that I think about it it might have been -"

"Quiet." Vince said sharply. The thief's rapid fire mouth took a rest. "What's your name?"

"Sarganno sir."

"Well then, Sarganno. You want to earn yourself some food?"

Slowly, dumbly he nodded.

"Good. Follow me."

No comments: