Friday, March 7, 2014

Reboot; Vince Vaan part 14

Matthew looked them over and nodded. "My nephew says you owe him a debt. You can repay it here. How much do you owe him?"

Toque gave a modest amount. So modest, in fact, that Marie snorted. "You wish." She told him. She then gave a fair amount.

"Hrumph." Toque crossed his arms and looked away. Matt looked from one to the other. "Is what she says true?"

Toque slowly turned his head around. He sighed. "I suppose it was a bit more than I recollected."

"Fine, you can pay off the debt here. I'll give you half and save half for him."

"Hrmph! You expect me to pay all that back in such a fashion! It will take years! And how am I to live on half pay?"

"Would you rather he not pay your debts at all?"

That stopped Toque in his place. He said nothing.

"Now you milady." Matt turned to Marie. "If you are in need of work I can offer it to you."

Marie looked surprised. "What? Me? Oh no, I couldn't possibly."

Matt grinned, despite himself.

No comments: