Sunday, May 26, 2013

Reboot; Vince Vaan part 6

Vince stepped outside and confronted the small crowd silently. "We know Vince is in there."

They said. "We want him. He owes us." "How much?" Vince said. This jolted the crowd and for a moment they were silent.

Toque waited nervously. Marie rolled her eyes at him. "What kind of man are you?"

"A smart one." He replied. "Investors do not like their money being taken from them. I think I'll escape out the back."

Before he ever could Vince came back through the door. Toque looked out the window to the departing crowd. "I owe you a great deal young one. Want can I do for you?"

Vince glanced his way. He then said calmly "Let's go."

Marie was shocked. "You'd pay his debts for him?" Vince would only look at her. He carried on. Marie was impressed. He was no brigand. Better to be in debt with a righteous man I suppose. Toque thought to himself.

No comments: